TOWN CLERK ASSISTANT VACANCY
Thank you for your interest in the above vacancy. Please see below for the:
I. Job Description
II. Application Form
If you wish to apply for this position please return your completed application form by Wednesday 1st May 2019. If you have any queries or require assistance when completing the form please contact the Town Clerk Karen Hawkes on 01245 429441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town Council welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you require any additional assistance with the interview process or completing the application please contact the Town Clerk on the above number.
New Salary Scale SCP 14 – 19
(£22,462 to £24,799 p.a 37 hours per week Job share will be considered) (Previous Salary Scale structure SCP 23 – 26)
The Town Council is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and flexible team player to assist with the provision of the Town Council’s key services.
The candidate will work closely with the Town Clerk, Committees and Elected Members. The post will be responsible for providing administrative support for committees, assistance with financial procedures, supporting the planning committee, liaising with residents on the phone and face to face and facilitating the Town Council events calendar and committee. The role will require regular attendance at evening meetings.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To support the Town Council with the administration of services and to provide key assistance with the administration of financial procedures and the support of Council and Committee meetings.
Responsible to: Town Clerk
- To be responsible, in consultation with the Town Clerk, for preparing agendas, reports etc for meetings.
- To attend and support Council, Committee and other meetings and produce minutes as required.
- To assist the Town Clerk in implementing decisions of the Council and its Committees.
- To assist in the preparation and publication arrangements for the Town Council promotional and publicity materials including use of the Town Council’s website and social media outlets.
- To assist with regular financial reports for Council and Committee meetings and assist in the preparation of the annual budget estimates and annual precept.
- To prepare and review Town Council policies in conjunction with the Town Clerk.
- To maintain and update the fixed asset register.
- To undertake specific projects, as and when required.
- Ensure that all planning administration, including the work of the Planning Committee, is undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements.
- To facilitate and co-ordinate the current schedule of Town Council community events.
- To adminster and liaise with the appropriate Committee in relation to any consultations as received by the Town Council for the development of land and property within and around the town.
- To adminster the Town Council’s grants and loans scheme.
- To liaise with members of the public by face to face and phone with regard to day to day community issues.
- To undertake such duties as may be required from time to time commensurate with the level of the post and in particular, to provide cover for other office staff.
The closing date for applications is 4pm on Wednesday 1st May 2019
. Interviews will be held week commencing 13th May 2019.
If you wish to apply for this job please download This APPLICATION FORM.